October Activities

Hello my crafting buddies.  Has anyone noticed that October doesn't have a holiday that allows us working folks to stay home?  I thought about that and thought about all the activity that happens during this month, I mean isn't Columbus Day in this month?....my point....this is the month when the trees blankets the earth with an array of warm vibrant colors, it is the month when every woman focuses on the color pink in the fight against breast cancer, and then there's the parade of costumes on Halloween night.  It is my opinion that we should have at least one day as a non-working holiday.  

Oh well, trick or treat is the phrase used on Halloween night to get what you want.  Halloween, a very misunderstood holiday.  It is so often viewed as a celebration of demons, but in reality the origin is quite different.  Its not about demons but about ghosts of folks looking for the harvest of food.  I looked it up and here is a summary of what I found about Halloween.


Halloween is a time of celebration and superstition. It originated with
the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain. People would light bonfires
and wear costumes to ward off roaming ghosts. In the eighth century, 
Pope Gregory III designated November 1 as a time to honor all 
saints and martyrs through the wear of costumes similar 
to the Samhain tradition; This was known as "All Saints’ Day", and the 
evening before was known as All Hallows’ Eve and later Halloween. Over time, Halloween evolved into a secular, community-based event 
characterized by child-friendly activities such as trick-or-treating.

With so much going on in the month of October I thought I needed to create a few cards around these activities. I figured I would start with Halloween, and share with you a couple of cute Halloween cards that hopefully won't scare you but rather make you smile.



Challenges I am entering:
Love to Scrap - Challenge #14 Recipe (3 papers, 2 flowers, 1 diecut) (10/20)
MarkerPop - Challenge #32 Anything Goes(10/19)
Creative Craft Challenges - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Challenge #14 Use two Die Cuts




Challenges I am entering:
Make it Monday - #161 Anything Goes (10/11)
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes (10/19)
My Craft Spot - #114 Trick or Treat (10/14)
Stamp and Create - Fall or Halloween (10/30)
Tiddly Inks Challenge - Anything Goes (10/12)



Ya'll be sure and click the link above to enter our October Challenge.

Well that's all for now. Wish me luck. 
Be safe where ever you are and find beauty in all things.

~Hugs~
Lesia

12 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Lesia - and may you have success in the challenges you have entered.
Blessings
Maxine

DIANA L. said...

I saw you on MIM, your card is fantastic I love your coloring. I am # 37 and #48. stop by I would Love to have you visit.
This is so sweet.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Teresa Arsenault said...

Great designs. I love the layout in the first.

ibalady said...

lovely as always .

Monika Reeck said...

cute girl with her green hair..and I love your layout and your put really nice details on every card...the second one I love the color combo...love both of your card...


I see your card on Make it Monday, if you like to see my blog my card is # 112, I would be so glad if you leave me some love...big hugs, Monika

Sheila H said...

Your cards are so pretty - the coloring and embellishments are lovely.

Unknown said...

Oh these are so pretty!! I love how you finish off the inside of your cards!!

caroline said...

Great card, stunning colouring
saw your card on mim
Caroline xx

Houses Built of Cards said...

Super cute! BEAUTIFUL coloring!!! So glad you joined us this week at My Craft Spot!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Shirley-Anne said...

Stunning creations both . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

GiGi said...

Very cool cards! The images are wonderful and so is your coloring! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards. I really love the papers and your clever layering. :) Thanks for playing with us at Tiddly Inks this challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...