Latest Technique

Hello and Happy Easter! Today I did what everyone else was doing...buying those last minute items for Easter dinner then finally I returned home and settled in for the night.

Has anyone heard of the Filigree Card?  For the longest I have been seeing these cards pop up here and there and wondered how folks were creating cards with a filigree border.  My curiosity got the best of me, and I wasted a lot of paper trying to figure out how it was being done.

Then finally, I decided to visit the campus of my favorite university....YouTube University...and I started my search with any word I could think of to describe the card I was trying to mimic.

Well Lady Luck was with me tonight and I finally found a tutorial that described how to create that filigree edge.  So I gave it a whirl..... well to be honest with everyone I actually had to do it 3 times before I finally got it close enough to call it success and now I am going to share it with you.


The cool thing about this type of card is the effect the border has on the card.  I used Spellbinders Resplendent dies for my border and layered the dies using foam dots.

Both the ribbon and stamp I picked up from Michael's dollar bin.  This style card works best if the die has defined corners upon which you can position your top paper.

Here you can see the card from a side view giving you a glimpse of the inside.

I printed a quote on turquoise card-stock to match the front of the card and then cut it down to size before adhering it to the inside.

The tutorial is from Becca Feeken of Amazing Paper Grace.  I refer to Becca as the Bow Lady because her bows are simply amazing and I love her tutorials.

I hope you will give the Filigree card a try.  They are gorgeous and you can do so much with this one technique.

That is all I have for tonight.  If you entered my challenge be sure and check back tomorrow to see if you won, and remember you must be a follower to claim a prize.

Next month's challenge  is ANYTHING GOES and I will have some blog candy posted for two lucky followers as well.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hugz
Lesia


7 comments:

Sheila H said...

The border of your card is so beautifully intricate and delicate, Lesia. Great job!

Desire Fourie said...

So elegant and I love the decorative edges and colours. Well worth the three attempts.
{I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

stunning!! i love the beautiful border and the aqua with the whit e:)

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh this is gorgeous Lesia - love this type of card, but I have not tried it yet.
Blessings
Maxine

Beebeebabs said...

Stunning!!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love this shade of blue and the delicate die cuts are gorgeous

CraftySue52 said...

Beautiful card as usual Lesia...love the colors used!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...